- 0 lessons
- 0 quizzes
- 10 week duration
Here you'll be introduced to the bare basics of mathematics. Topics include commonly used words and phrases, symbols, and how to follow the order of operations.
An introduction to numerical computation. Emphasis is placed on scientific and engineering notation, the rule of significant figures, and converting between SI and Imperial units.
Trigonometry with Right Triangles
Here we focus on right angle triangles within quadrant I of an x-y plane. None of the angles we evaluate here are greater than 90°. A unit on trigonometry with oblique triangles is covered later.
Trigonometry with Oblique Triangles
This unit is a continuation of trigonometry with right triangles except we'll extend our understanding to deal with angles *greater* than 90°. Resolving and combining vectors will be covered at the end of this unit.
Introduction to Algebra
Functions and Graphs
This unit focuses on analyzing and understand the characteristics of various shapes, both 2D and 3D.
- Identify, measure, and calculate different types of straight lines and angles
- Calculate the interior angles of polygons
- Solve problems involving a variety of different types of triangles
- Calculate the area of a variety of different types of quadrilaterals
- Solve problems involving circles
- Calculate the areas and volumes of different solids
Introduction to Statistics