- 42 lessons
- 0 quizzes
- 10 week duration
An introduction to numerical computation. Emphasis is placed on scientific and engineering notation, the rule of significant figures, and converting between SI and Imperial units.
Fractions, Percentage, Ratios and Proportion
Emphasis here is placed on understanding fractions, percent, and using ratios to compare quantities and set up proportions to solve problems.
Introduction to Algebra
Functions and Graphs
This unit focuses on analyzing and understand the characteristics of various shapes, both 2D and 3D.
- Identify, measure, and calculate different types of straight lines and angles
- Calculate the interior angles of polygons
- Solve problems involving a variety of different types of triangles
- Calculate the area of a variety of different types of quadrilaterals
- Solve problems involving circles
- Calculate the areas and volumes of different solids
Factor by Grouping
Although this concepts was briefly discussed in one of the earlier lessons, you learned that sometimes you may need to combine several of the techniques to factor a single expression. As a result, to factor the expressions found in this section, you’ll have to device a plan before starting because you might run into errors or endless loops trying to figure these out.
To start, you’re encouraged to re-watch a video link that was first presented in the common factoring lesson. At the time, you couldn’t factor Question (3) because you hadn’t learned how to factor a difference of squares. You’ll notice now that it’s a little more approachable:
Now for some harder examples. Try attempting each question before viewing its solution!