- 42 lessons
- 0 quizzes
- 10 week duration
An introduction to numerical computation. Emphasis is placed on scientific and engineering notation, the rule of significant figures, and converting between SI and Imperial units.
Fractions, Percentage, Ratios and Proportion
Emphasis here is placed on understanding fractions, percent, and using ratios to compare quantities and set up proportions to solve problems.
Introduction to Algebra
Functions and Graphs
This unit focuses on analyzing and understand the characteristics of various shapes, both 2D and 3D.
- Identify, measure, and calculate different types of straight lines and angles
- Calculate the interior angles of polygons
- Solve problems involving a variety of different types of triangles
- Calculate the area of a variety of different types of quadrilaterals
- Solve problems involving circles
- Calculate the areas and volumes of different solids
Simplify Expressions Through Factoring
The skills you’ll learn in this lesson will come in handy unexpectedly one day when you’re stuck trying to simplify what appears to be an impossible expression to reduce. Take a look at the three expressions below:
At first glance, you might be questioning how do I divide two polynomials when we’ve only learned how to divide polynomials with monomials? Factoring the numerator and denominator separately should always be considered as an option before devising other plans or giving up. By converting polynomials into factors, you open up the opportunity to cancel with similar factors in the other polynomial, as you’ll see below.
Question: Simplify each expression shown above.
✔ Technique: Common factor both the numerator and denominator.