- 0 lessons
- 0 quizzes
- 10 week duration
An introduction to numerical computation. Emphasis is placed on scientific and engineering notation, the rule of significant figures, and converting between SI and Imperial units.
Fractions, Percentage, Ratios and Proportion
Emphasis here is placed on understanding fractions, percent, and using ratios to compare quantities and set up proportions to solve problems.
Introduction to Algebra
Functions and Graphs
This unit focuses on analyzing and understand the characteristics of various shapes, both 2D and 3D.
- Identify, measure, and calculate different types of straight lines and angles
- Calculate the interior angles of polygons
- Solve problems involving a variety of different types of triangles
- Calculate the area of a variety of different types of quadrilaterals
- Solve problems involving circles
- Calculate the areas and volumes of different solids
Sum or Difference of Cubes
Generally, the higher the degree of a polynomial, the harder it becomes to factor. The highest degree you’re expected to factor in this course are cubic equation (those raised to the power of three). Specifically, we’ll look at examples similar in structure to quadratics that are a difference of square, called a difference or sum of cubes. Their general format is displayed below:
Sum of cubes:
Difference of cubes:
The video below will outline how these expressions are factored: