Explore
Post homework questions online and get free homework help from tutors.
Learn More
Improve Grades
Help Others
Save Time
Accessible 24/7
  627 People Browsing
Related Images
Poll
Where do you do most of your studying?
My room
Library
Coffee shop
Classroom
Other
If you would like to vote in this poll, please login or register

Previous poll results: What's your favorite coffee beverage?
nickname
wrote...
6 years ago
I have to identify whether the following are primary active transport, secondary active transport, or passive transport. Then I have to decide what is the energy source: a chemical reaction, concentration gradient of cotransported ion, or conc gradient of transported solute.

Below are my answers, but I don't know if they are right. Thank you so much for ur help!

a) Na+/K+ ATPase of plasma membranes: primary active trans. and chemical reaction

b) glucose transporter of erythrocytes: passive and conc gradient of transported solute

c) amino-acid-Na+ trasporter of kidney cells: secondary active trans. and conc gradient of cotransported ion.

d) the glucose-Na+ transporter of epithelial cells: secondary active trans. and conc gradient of cotransported ion.

e) the Ca2+ ATPase of the sarcoplasmic reticulum: primary active trans and chemical reaction

Thank you again!
Read 3658 times
1 Reply
wrote...
Educator
6 years ago
I have to identify whether the following are primary active transport, secondary active transport, or passive transport. Then I have to decide what is the energy source: a chemical reaction, concentration gradient of cotransported ion, or conc gradient of transported solute.

Below are my answers, but I don't know if they are right. Thank you so much for ur help!

a) Na+/K+ ATPase of plasma membranes: primary active trans. and chemical reaction

True...

b) glucose transporter of erythrocytes: passive and conc gradient of transported solute

True...

c) amino-acid-Na+ trasporter of kidney cells: secondary active trans. and conc gradient of cotransported ion.

True...

d) the glucose-Na+ transporter of epithelial cells: secondary active trans. and conc gradient of cotransported ion.

True...

e) the Ca2+ ATPase of the sarcoplasmic reticulum: primary active trans and chemical reaction

True...

Good Job! Person Raising Both Hands in Celebration
✓ Follow us on Twitter and Thumbs Up Sign like our awesome Facebook Page Slight Smile
Share This Topic